Jayne is Marketing Director for The Vancouver Tool Corporation a company she established with her partner in 1996. Vancouver Tool has successfully managed to market and sell a number of patented inventions for the home improvement industry to every major home improvement retailer in North America. The company has also achieved export sales of their distinctive range of sealant tools - over 30 million of their products have been sold worldwide with significant export sales to Europe, Australia, Japan and the USA.
In 1995 following a number of requests to provide information about marketing a new invention she wrote a book entitled: From the Mind to the Marketplace: The Story of an Inventor, The Home Improvement Industry, His Wife and Her Lovers (more on www.heritagehouse.ca ). Following publication Jayne was asked to speak at a number of international conferences and events. In addition to international engagements Jayne also gives presentations to Canadian businesses, organizations and academic institutions. Jayne was on the Board of the Worldwide DIY Council (2009 – 2011) and then was asked to be President of the organisation (2011 – 2013).
Publications and Presentations:
Following the Publication of the book on the marketing of her business: From the Mind to the Marketplace: The Story of an Inventor, The Home Improvement Industry, His Wife and Her Lovers. (2005). Surrey, BC: Heritage House Publishing, Jayne was asked to speak at a number of international conferences. These included the following:
- · Presentation to the Inventor Bay Conference, Las Vegas. (vimeo.com/2574995 )
- · Conference address at the DIY Industry Conference. Athens, Greece.
- · Paper presented to the European Federation of DIY Manufacturers Barcelona, Spain.
- · A talk to the American Sealant Conference Savannah, USA.
- · Keynote address to the European Federation of DIY Manufacturers Brussels. Belgium.
- · Discussion paper presented to the Retail Management Club of Brussels, Belgium.
- · Paper presented at the Practical World DIY Forum Cologne. Germany.
In her early academic career Jayne wrote the first Canadian text book on policing:
Introduction to Policing in Canada. 1997. Toronto: Prentice Hall. She has also written extensively for academic journals.